Fashion Time   +  scrapbook

Art of Wild Abandonment Blog Hop

I'm the next stop on the Art of Wild Abandonment Blog Hop! You've probably arrived here from Joanne's Soul House.

This class has been such an awesome experience - and the utterly charming Junelle Jacobsen has not only been entertaining but so encouraging and insightful! I know it will sound odd, but although I am a digital scrapbook designer, I've never considered myself an artist - it still feels like a stretch to me. I spent 30+ years using the other side of my brain and until recently I didn't even know there was another side! LOL!

I'm not as far along in the class as I'd like to be - life has a habit of getting in the way, doesn't it? But I thought I'd share what I've done so far.

My first attempt and sketching radishes
My DH thought I'd gone mad.

Two-page art journal entry - craving spring!

The (unfinished) canvas equivalent for my daughter.

Got brave enough to make a mixed media canvas for a friends birthday.

Used Junelle's inspiration to make a 58th Anniversary present for my folks - figured these flowers would last longer than the real thing! There are dictionary definitions of words like anniversary, love, together, etc., hidden in the background.

And finally the class gave me the courage to finish this canvas, which I'd started during Christy Tomlinson's She Art 1 class. I made it for a dear friend I rarely get to see.
Thanks for reading this far. And thank you, Junelle - and all of the Wild Abandonment community - for your support. I've never belonged to a group of such loving and encouraging people!
The next stop on the blog hop is a wonderful blog by Carin called Life as We Know It ... Remembering the Little Things.