Fashion Time   +  Wildlife

Critter Watchin'

This is her typical morning spot. Despite me shooing her off each time I catch her up there and sometimes grabbing the spray bottle to jet a stream of water to let her know Mom means business.

...Does it work?

Nope.

Sometimes it's birds. Sometimes it's a salamander...but she loves watching this the best.

and so do I.

I've been worried about her, as I have not seen her in nearly three weeks. We have a Coopers Hawk that has been hanging about robbing nests here and there and was heartbroken thinking maybe?...

She stuffed her cheeks and scurried right up the drain pipe to her nest in between the flashing of the eave and patio roof...where we assume she is tending to her babies. Stay tuned.

Even my critters love re-purposing vintage finds! :)

*Buffalo china restaurant coffee cup turned portable bird feeder

Have a safe and fun Memorial Day Weekend!