Fashion Time   +  style

Oldies But Goodies

Hello loves! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was pretty quiet...some QT with the BF, dinner with friends, and started this blog :o)

For me, inspiration for a right-click save can come from a myriad of places and people. It wasn't until I stumbled upon the blog called Advanced Style that I realized I could learn a thing or two about fashion from my elders. Ari Seth Cohen had the awesome idea of capturing photos fabulously stylish older men and women out on the streets of NYC. The result is this endearing collection of words of wisdom from folks you can't help but to love.

While you won't find me attempting to recreate these looks (these senior citizens are too wild for me!), I admire the way that these people carry themselves. They exude a confidence that comes from knowing who you are and embracing it--a kind of confidence I aspire to have. They wear whatever they want to wear, and wear it proudly. Many believe once you reach a certain age, you're supposed to stop living and start waiting to die. The men and women on this blog challenge that assumption in a bold way.

I may be much younger than they are, but I feel that it's never too early to begin living my life for me. And I don't need to wait until I'm eligible for AARP to start wearing whatever the hell I want to wear! I thank Ari and all of those amazing men and women he's interviewed for reminding me to walk proudly no matter what I'm rocking.

(I must say that it would be awesome if I'm still strutting my stuff in heels when I'm 90 years old)

Photo Credit: http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com/

The woman above was quoted as saying, "I don't want to stand out, I just want to dress better than anyone else." Gotta love that!
Happy clicking!!