Fashion Time   +  Twiggy

somebody help me, my neck hurt, my chain heavy
Partially inspired by Melanie Griffith in Something Wild, featured in my recent Louise Brooks post, but mostly inspired by my insane love affair with accessories, I celebrate the 'statement necklace' - the loud, large, heavy pieces that dominate any look. The louder, larger and heavier, the better. I love anything turquoise, but I adore Raquel Welch's Native American-inspired stone necklaceEven while on the run, Faye Dunaway's Bonnie never abandons style with this gold coin necklaceAnita Pallenberg has a fabulous array of baublesNot to be outdone by anyone, Kanye West rocks a few awesome chainsCarmen Miranda never says no to strands of beadsTwiggy incorporates her dress into a necklace into watches into magical-nessEdie Sedgwick is never less than the ultimate It-Girl with her signature style of gamine clothes and a heavy beaded necklaceElizabeth Taylor, the queen of jewels, has some amazing pieces on display Judy Collins shows how strands of small beads can be made into a statement-making lookMy style hero Iris ApfelKeith Richards rocks the pirate-rocker-hot god thing really wellLa pièce de résistance - Maria Felix's crocodile necklace
Title: from "Heavy" (Gucci Mane)