Fashion Time   +  Vintage Finds

Primitive Goodies

Y'all can tell I'm feeling guilty when I post twice in one day...

Well, it's been a while since I've posted the latest vintage finds, waving them around like a show off and braggin' about how I got them for a pittance...you know you love it!

So here I go:

Rarely do I find primitive items...and never do I find this many all in one day or within a few days.

SCORE!

I also scored a very old bread board...it has a wonderful patina and is a great size. It's proudly propped up on display on top of my old primitive pantry cupboard (the one I bought for $5!!!)
...and a nice wire milk bottle carrier...yup, that's right...more rusty metal and wire stuff...and a small chippy AND painted, rusty and crusty metal wire carrier, that looks to be an old cruet holder...I stuck some of my vintage cream and apothecary bottles in there for now and going to snip some fresh herbs this morning.

Also, I scored one of these tole-wall-planter-thing-a-ma-bobs...what do you call these? I love it and don't think I can part with it...soon I will have D hang it on the wall and voila! Instant pumpkin holder!

hmmmm ...what else? OH YEA! The FIRKIN! ...how can I forget the frikin ' firkin?!?

Can you see it back there? It's lovely. Flawless with it's original milky blue-grey paint in some spots and on the bottom...along with the previous owners name and date of 1836. Crazy. I won't tell you how much (little) I paid for it...ya'll might get mad...

*cough-nine bucks-cough*

AND...I also love the old apple bushel basket (two bucks). I NEVER find these in this condition and I never see them in this full size. The bottom is perfect, there are no splits anywhere, no brass tacks missing, the handles are nice and strong and even the color and stamp look great.
I can't wait for my sis (Mrs. Doolittle) to bring buckets of her gorgeous fall apples from her orchards (Fletcher's Glory Farm) just in time for our Harvest show...they will of course look adorable displayed in this!

Okay, enough bragging for today...time to get back to sorting fabrics (another score with pics coming soon).