Fashion Time   +  vintage

Installed: Sayonara Summer

I don't know how or why I developed this obsession with kimonos and kimono-esque things. I've purchased four so far, including one I picked up while thrifting over the weekend. I love just throwing them on and going about my day, and they always draw attention...how many southern-bred, kimono-wearing black girls do you know?

This kimono in particular was the first one in my collection, and I love it. Yes, it's bright. Yes, it's crazy. Yes, I'm crazy for diggin' it.

This outfit was roughly inspired by Nini Nguyen, once again. Don't be surprised if at least 70% of my *right-click saves* are of her. I've been wearing my kimonos like this-over a simple tank and shorts-before I saw Nini's blog post. Nini just made me feel like less of a weirdo for traipsing around town in a kimono.

The Right-Click Save

Right-Click Saved from: http://ninistyle.net
The Install






Here's the backstory on these pics: I wanted to get some photos by the pool before it closed for the fall and winter, like a goodbye to the summertime. Apparently, the last day to have access to it was the day before I came up with my brilliant idea. After the security guard grilled me with a thousand questions ("You wanna take pictures of yourself? Why? What's a blog?? Are you getting IN the pool?"), he said I had a few minutes to quickly snap a couple of pics (in the same exact pose, apparently #doh) and that I could not take any pictures of the actual pool. Clearly, I did it anyway because I'm a rebel.
Wanna Right-Click Save? Vintage kimono Forever 21 tank and shorts Thrifted belt and clutch Vintage arm party w/ Honesty bracelet YSL shoes
Almost time for me to start wearing long pants again...bummer.
TTYL, loves!