Fashion Time   +  TIME

A storms a brewin'...

Last night, it suddenly turned yellow outside...not a nice sunny 'sunshine yellow'...but a drag everything under cover and batten down the hatches AND grabbing every 'Pinkish' tomato you can manage to carry in for fear of them splitting in the threatening rain (or get blown off, is more like it!)

Well, it actually didn't do much last night, but HOLY COW!!!...today has been one exciting leaf blowing, everything getting knocked over...chilly day! *UGH* Did I just say Chilly? Say it isn't so! I should have known by the looks of this morning's sky.

I tossed on my capris and a work shirt to hopefully get some serious housework done. (Serious , as in, I can't find my kitchen!)...but after a few second of opening up all the windows for some morning fresh air, I thought...why are my toes blue?...I quick changed into hubby's sweat pants and old tattered long john shirts and TWO pairs of woolie socks!

*Sigh*...in other words, if you ever doubted Summer was over, the weather around the valley today, sure let us all know what's around the corner! (Damn!)

Guess what Mother Nature?! I'm not ready! It's not fair! I don't know about you guys, but I am most definitely NOT ready for the weather to change, especially when it seems we got ripped on a real Summer!

So I've been throwing mini tantrums and cursing all day. The cats are now afraid of me and I'm finding myself gritting my teeth and holding my breath (blue face, to match blue toes).

Our WINTER ran right into our wet/soggy/dark/non existent Spring...Summer didn't technically start until the third week of July and don't even get me started on how my corn and pumpkins did this year! Pfft! (If you were here for the show, and you walked down to our 'corn patch' it was the pathetic looking stuff that was as tall as your knees!!! )...and don't be fooled by this morning's photo above of the corn tassel! It's not my corn tassel! It's my sisters corn tassel! Yup! I had to BORROW Corn stalks for the show!

So I'm going to continue to whine about the weather folks...you'll just have to put up with it. I'll try to get it out of my system quickly! Hopefully an empathetic blog reader who lives in Hawaii or Florida or the Bahamas can send me warm, sunny pics to admire! (hint*hint*)

In the end, I found my kitchen. And I actually did a little baking today (pumpkin black bottom cupcakes! Mmmmm)...this ones for Caitie! Poor girl, doesn't know what a black bottom cupcake is! Or in this case Orange (Pumpkin!)

Guess the AC needs to come out of the window this evening when Farmer Dan gets home and the central heating needs to come on! How sad!

G'nite!!!