Fashion Time   +  vintage

More Christmas Wishes!

Okay, I think I'm really missing all of you and slightly grieving about not having a Christmas show for the first time this year. *sigh* It is nice however, to be able to finally drag out my own things to decorate with.

AND this is the first time I don't have a Christmas tree...not sure how this came to be...guess we just kept putting it off. Luckily we have an abundance of every pine, fir, cedar tree here, so it was nice to hobble down with the big loppers and cut some nice branches...my curly willow looks so pretty right now, I stuck some of this in too.

I drug out all of my antique canning jars, apothecary jars, creamer bottles, ironstone, rusty wire, chippy paint goodies and so forth and here is a little more show 'n tell...

The little fairy's wings are made from vintage velvet millinery leaves and two large feathers that belonged to my sweet Rosie. Some of you know that Rosie came into my life for just a short period of time; I miss her so.

I love this old bead board wood box and plan on sealing the inside and storing my quilts in it. LOVE the chippy paint, the rustic wire goodies! Notice yet another 'bird theme'...I even have a 'birds eye' wood crate!

I love my little Wheaton jar filled with antique mica

I found this antique barn light at a big farm sale this Summer. It's porcelain and a thick glass shade. I just knew it would be perfect to hold one of my antique weathered clay pots and a miniature moss garden.

I wanted to add a little whimsy to my vignette...another lovely chippy antique clay pot filled with live moss, is keeping my 'captured fairy'...the 'cage' is an antique gutter guard; the itty bitty porcelain doll is from the 1800s...she is fashioned with vintage gingerbread wings. Check out the size of this rusty antique iron key!

It's difficult to tell from the angle of the photo, but this little birds nest I found in my neighbors pear tree. It is completely and perfectly HEART shaped. The clay eggs I make...the nest is made with native grasses, lichen, fir and pine needles and cherry pits!

This is a very tiny vintage Welsh pottery plate.

Well, enough showin' off...better get back to my baking!

I hope everyone has a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season!